1. SIR Apex Authority- GIDB
Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB) headed by Hon. CM will be the Apex Authority.
GIDB can delegate such powers and functions to its Executive Committee headed by Hon. MOS (Ind) . Core functions of the Apex Authority like approval and modification in development plan, town planning scheme and general development regulations shall not be delegated to any committees.
Powers and functions of the Apex Authority
- To approve land use plan, town planning scheme and development plan of the SIR proposed by the RDA.
- To make regulations for Development, Operation, Regulation and Management of SIR.
- To approve contracts to be entered in to by RDA and nodal company.
- To ascertain and fix the rates of user charges, proposed by RDA or nodal company.
- To issue necessary instructions to the agencies involved.
2. Regional Development Authority (RDA)
- The State Government will constitute RDA for each SIR declared by it.
- The RDA will be a body corporate.
- The State Government is also empowered to designate any Government agency or a govt. company to act as RDA,
- The RDA will have Chairman, Vice Chairman, CEO and members not exceeding eleven- to be appointed by the Govt
- It will comprise of the official and non-officials & experts as members
Power and functions of RDA
- To prepare Land use plan, Town planning scheme and Development plan for SIR.
- To Supervise, Monitor, Regulate and Ensure the planned development of SIR
- To lay down the infrastructure and civil amenities
- Acquire land and hold properties and sale, lease and transfer the properties including land.
- To execute contracts with unit holders, developers.
- To levy and collect fees, user charges.
- Control the development activities.
- To remove unauthorized construction, encroachment
- Basically all ground level work, planning & regulation
3. Nodal Company
- The State Government will set up or designate any Government agency or company as Nodal agency for the purpose of Infrastructure Development in SIR including those projects connecting the SIR.
- The company is competent to invite Private Sector Participation for the development of Infrastructure projects as per the process provided in GID Act.
- Government has separately authorized formation of such a company: GICC
- There could be more such companies
e.g. GIDC for PCPIR
Power and functions of Nodal Company
- Conceiving and detailing of projects
- Techno-commercial and feasibility studies.
- Project and financial structuring.
- Market the SIR globally.
- Raising finance from the market.
- Promote PPP
- Execute contracts/agreements with developer